Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Only As Old As You Feel

I joined the Air National Guard in 2007 and went off to basic training in 2008 and it's amazing how quickly we get out of shape again. I have an annual fitness test every October. Three months before I always start cutting back on my carbs and exercising at least four times a week. My metabolism isn't like it used to be. I can't lose weight the way i used to. My size ten has become a size twelve and it is so frustrating. At one point running a mile was a piece of cake but once you stop running for six months, it feels more like my chest is about to crack open. Nevertheless, I did it. I got in shape, at least enough to pass the test. Ran 1.5 miles, pumped out my push-ups and sit-ups and got my waist down to 31 inches. Two days after my ribs hurt, my arms are sore and I'm gettin Charlie horses in my legs. I guess they're all signs that I'm not as young as I used to be. I am a believer that we're only as old as we feel. Right now I'm feeling every bit of 41, but at least it's over. Now it's time to start baking pies and getting ready for the holidays. A sistah definitely loves to eat.

No comments: